How to Use Google Image Search
Searching for things through Google has become part of everyday life and although everyone normally uses keywords and text phrases to find what they are looking for. You can also use images to search for similar objects or items using the Google Image search system. All you have to do is simply drag and drop an image or upload a photo from your phone to the Google Image search page and Google will analyze the image providing a wide variety of different search results.
Allowing you to easily search Google for items in an image, similar images, or websites that actually use the exact image or image. You can search Google images on computers and mobile devices on Android and iOS using compatible browsers.
There are basically five different ways to search using Google by image on the official website https://images.google.com/. How each works differs slightly depending on whether you’re using mobile devices or a computer, although they will all produce the same results.
5 Ways to Search Google Using Images
1. Drag and drop an image into the search field, which is already on your computer
2. Select an image to search that’s already on your phone or tablet
3. Paste the URL of an image you found on the Internet into the search field
4. Take a photo using your WebCam, phone or tablet camera start an image search
5. Use an image that is already on the internet to do further image research
To search Google by image on computers, you will need to use one of the supported browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple’s Safari.
1. Simply open your favorite browser and navigate to https://images.google.com/
2. On your computer, find the image you want to search Google with and drag and drop it in the Google search box.
You can also upload an image from your computer by selecting a file by clicking Open or choose. Or you can search with a URL on your computer. Simply visit the website with the image you want to use.
1. Right-click on the image of the website you want to use in your search
2. Go to Google Images website https://images.google.com/
3. Paste the image URL in the search field
4. Click the Search by Image button.
Android Image Search
To perform an image search on Google using a photo or image saved on your Android device
1. Open the official Google app
2. At the bottom, press the Discover option
3. Press the Google lens icon that looks like a small multicolored camera
4. Use your phone or tablet’s camera to take a photo to use for your research, or upload an existing image from your photo library using the Photo picker icon. A small square icon with two triangles of different sizes inside.
5. Refine your search by selection of an object or an area of the image you want to search for, by selecting the circle icon if available.
6. Tap the image to select an area and drag the corners of the area around your selection to search for a specific item, object or topic.
7. Scroll through the search results to find your desired goal.
8. If the search results are too large, try narrowing the area you selected to a smaller area.
If you want to search for an image on Google directly from a website using your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app and go to the website containing the image you want to search with.
1. Next, touch and hold the image until Google lens is displayed.
2. Choose how you want to search by selecting an object in the image using the circle icon or use part of the image by selecting an area in the image you want Google to search.
3. You can also search images already on the Internet using your Android phone by following the instructions at the bottom of this guide.
iPhone Image Search
If you are using an Apple iPhone or iPad and want to search Google by image, you can use the official Google app, Chrome browser or Safari browser as long as it is version 11 and above.
Use images in your photo library
1. Open the Google app on your iOS device. If you haven’t already installed it, it’s available for download from the official Apple iOS App Store.
2. Select the search bar and press the Google lens icon.
3. Use your iPhone or iPad to upload a photo to your search by taking it with your camera or by uploading an existing image using the Photo Picker feature to select an image from your photo library.
4. Look for through the results to find your required lens.
5 If you want to search for more specific results, you can select a small area on the image to further refine Google search.
Use images already on the Internet
Another way to search for images on the Internet is to do a normal search at the address below, then select an image close to what you want to find and do an additional search to find others.
1. Open your supported app and go to https://images.google.com/
2. Type the name of the object of which you are trying to find an image
3. Select picture closest to what you are looking for
4. At the top right of your screen, tap the Visually icon to search for more of the same on different sites.
Google image search is a great way to easily find products and items rather than using text searches, which are normally the way to find results on the internet.
Filed Under: Guides, Top News