How to Reverse Image Search on Your Phone or Desktop 2022 [Updated]
This tutorial explains how to reverse image search on your phone or desktop. Recently I updated this tutorial and I will do my best for you to understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Reverse Image Search on Your Phone or Desktop. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check how to reverse image search on your phone or desktop
Reading a reverse image search allows you to take an image and see where it was originally posted, other pages that posted a similar image, different sizes of a similar image used, and comparison pictures.
How to Reverse Image Search on Desktop
You have a few options for image search depending on your preferences, operating system, and device.
Reverse Image Search with a Desktop Browser
To perform this version of an image search, follow these steps:
- Start by going to images.google.com.
- Next, click on the camera icon which will allow you to choose between two options.
- First, you can paste an image URL from another page.
- The second option is to upload the image itself.
- Then just click “enter” on your keyword or “search by image” button to get results.
Reverse Image Search with Google Chrome Desktop Browser
If you already use Google Chrome, you can significantly shorten the process. When you find an image on an online page in Chrome, you can perform a reverse image search by following these steps:
- Right click on the image you want to know more about.
- Choose “Search Google Image” from the drop-down menu.
- This simple method will show your search results instantly. Image search is very powerful. Here is an example. I recently saw this photo and was captivated. I wanted to know more.
- So I uploaded it to Google and was told that the photo showed Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi, a Thai nurse, army officer and member of the Thai royal court. Without image research, she would never have been able to find this information.
Reverse Image Search with Microsoft Bing
Given that Bing has over 10% market share globally, it’s safe to say that there’s a whole audience of builders and developers using it. So I wanted to include steps for that search engine as well. Bing’s visual search is slightly different from Google’s. Indeed, it detects purchase intentions, for example, and provides search results containing other similar products with their price information. Here’s how to perform a reverse image search on Microsoft Bing.
- Open Microsoft Bing through a browser or the app.
- Click the camera icon in the search bar.
- The context menu will give you four options to search with an image instead of text. Let’s explore the options:
- First, drag one or more images to the search box from your computer.
- Second, browse your computer to find the image you want to search for.
- You can also paste the image URL from an online page you were browsing previously.
- The last option is to take a photo and find more information about it. Whether it’s a product or a location, you can find out more.
Finally, browse visual search results whenever you want.
How to Reverse Image Search on Your Phone
It can be a little more difficult to do a reverse image search on your phone. You have several options, but they require a few extra steps. Let’s go through them together.
Reverse Image Search with Google Chrome App
Unfortunately, the Google Chrome app itself does not support reverse image search on mobile devices. But you can still do it with a nifty solution, which I’ll share with you. Here’s how:
- Open Google Chrome and type “images.google.com”.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top right of your screen.
- Choose “Desktop Site” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the camera-shaped button in the search bar and insert your image in the method that suits you best.
Reverse Image Search Using Any Browser Application
Found an image you’d like to learn more about in the field as you navigate? How do I reverse the image search for that exact photo? Here are the steps:
- Long press on the image you want to search.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Find this image on Google”.
Now all you have to do is search the search results for more information.
Reverse Image Search with the Google Lens App
Google Lens is an application that allows users to search by image in several ways. From scanning and translating texts to searching for fashion items in different online stores, this app meets every image search scenario you can think of. Let’s see how it works:
- Download and launch the Google Lens app.
- Choose the action you need for the image you are looking for. Here are your options.
- Translate – This feature allows you to immediately translate any text on any image thanks to automatic detection. You can choose the language in which the text is located or the language in which you want to translate it.
- Text: This instant copier can copy any text on your image for you to paste wherever you want.
- Search: This button performs pretty much the standard Google image search on the item or photo you’re looking for.
- Shopping: This allows you to learn more about a certain product in the image or even through its barcode.
- Catering: This fun feature lets you learn more about a dish or translate a restaurant’s menu.
You will have two options to upload the image.
- Take a picture of something in front of you that you would like to search for on the spot.
- Or upload a photo from your phone that includes what you would like to know more about.
Reverse Image Search Using Pinterest Lens
Pinterest is one of the most popular apps in the world. Its image search function under the name “Pinterest Lens” has revolutionized the world of digital shopping. By following these steps, you can search, save or buy any element of an image that you like.
- Launch the Pinterest app on your phone.
- Click on the search button in the menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the camera-shaped button in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- You will have two options to choose your image.
- Take a picture with your mobile camera and start your search.
- Or upload an image from your gallery.
Final Notes: How to Reverse Image Search on Your Phone or Computer
Hope you understand this article, How to Reverse Image Search on Your Phone or Desktop. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.