How to Do a Reverse Image Search on Your Android
Google has had an image search feature for many years, and most of us are familiar with it. This can be useful if you are looking for a specific photo you need. But did you know that you can also perform a reverse image search on your phone?
There are many reasons to do a reverse image search. Whether you want to authenticate someone online or see who is using your images, a reverse image search will help you get the information you need, and it’s simple. Tired of Chromium? Tap or click here to access Google search alternatives that also respect your privacy.
But how do you do on your phone? Well, there are several ways to perform reverse image search on your Android. You can download a third-party app or use a website like Chrome. Keep reading to find out how.
Reverse Image Search with Google Chrome
- You will need to download the Chrome app on your Android device.
- Open picture you want to search.
- Hold your finger on the image.
- A pop-up window will appear.
- At the bottom of the pop-up window, choose Search Google for this image.
- If that doesn’t work, select Open image in new tab.
- Copy the link in the browser.
- open up images.google.com.
- Paste the image URL and press to look for.
Try using the Google Lens app
Here is another method you can try using the Google Lens app, which uses image recognition technology for several different purposes.
- You will need the Google Lens app. Install it or open it if you have already downloaded it.
- You will need to download the Google app. Then open it.
- At the bottom of the app choose To discover.
- A search bar will appear, select Google Lens.
- Upload a photo by selecting the photo picker icon and choosing the photo you want to use.
- Take a new photo by pressing the camera icon, take the photo, then select to look for.
- Choose the entire image to search for or just a part of the image.
- Search results will appear at the bottom of the page.
Image Search app
Search By Image is an application that will allow you to do a third-party search of your image. You will have the option to edit the image, crop it, brighten it, etc. before submitting the image for Google, Bing, Yandex and TinEye results.
CamFind is another app option
CamFind is a great app when using reverse image search as a shopping comparison tool. By searching with this app you will download the photo and get similar results, or if it is a product photo you will receive purchase comparisons of the item.
We all made a purchase on Amazon or our local Walmart only to see the item for $10 cheaper a few days later. It can be incredibly frustrating. Save money and time by doing a reverse image search with a program like CamFind. Do you like shopping online? Save money with this online shopping tool.
Whether you want to verify someone’s identity or do a comparison with a product photo, a reverse image search can come in handy. Looking to take better photos? Tap or click here for five tips for taking better photos with any camera.